TRANSITION REQUIREMENTS TO ISO 14001:2015
SAATCA CERTIFICATED AUDITORS
This document describes the transition requirements to ensure that SAATCA certified Auditors are competent on the ISO 14001:2015 standard version.
Compulsory Transition requirements for SAATCA Certificated EMS Auditors
SAATCA Auditors certificated to any of the EMS grades will be required to:
- Successfully complete Auditor transition training on the FDIS or published ISO 14001:2015 standard in order to be certificated as competent to conduct audits against the ISO 14001:2015 standard version
- Successfully complete Auditor transition training on the FDIS or published ISO 14001:2015 standard, on or before 30 September 2018.
- Conduct a minimum of two (2) audits against the published ISO 14001:2015 standard to be certificated as competent to conduct audits against the 2015 standard version.
- For certification purposes, SAATCA will only accept audits performed after successful completion of the Auditor transition training. Such audits must be done against the published ISO 14001:2015 standard.
ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Transition Training Requirements
SAATCA Auditors certificated to any of the EMS grades will be required to attend ISO 14001:2015 Auditor transition training which complies with the following SAATCA requirements:
- The ISO 14001:2015 Auditor transition training must comprise of a two-day transition training course
- The ISO 14001:2015 Auditor transition training must be presented and facilitated by a SAATCA registered EMS Lead Auditor and his/her SAATCA EMS registration number must be captured on the certificate of successful completion for the ISO 14001:2015 Auditor transition training
A certificate of successful completion of a two day ISO 14001:2015 Auditor transition training will be accepted only if the certificate meets the following requirements:
- The certification states that the training is for the ISO 14001:2015 Auditor transition training and is based on either the FDIS or the published standard
- The training is for a duration of 2 days
- The name of the Facilitator who presented the training and his/her SAATCA EMS registration number are reflected on the certificate of successful completion
Validity of Certifications to ISO 14001:2008
Your current ISO 14001:2004 certifications will not be valid after three years from publication of ISO 14001:2015. The expiry date of Auditor certifications to ISO 14001:2004 issued during the transition period will automatically become invalid at the end of the three year transition period for ISO 14001:2015.
SAATCA Registered Auditor Transition Timeframes for ISO 14001:2015
Three years after publication by ISO of ISO 14001:2015, all existing certifications issued to ISO 14001:2004 shall be deemed invalid.
ISO 14001:2015 TRANSITION REQUIREMENTS FOR SAATCA CERTIFICATED EMS AUDITORS (ALL GRADES) AND THE REQUIRED EVIDENCE
SUBMISSION OF AN ISO 14001:2015 2 DAY AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING CERTIFICATE IN ACCORDANCE WITH SAATCA REQUIREMENTS. ONLY TRAINING CONDUCTED ON EITHER THE FDIS OR ON THE PUBLISHED STANDARD WILL BE ACCEPTED BY SAATCA
|01/08/2015 – 30/09/2018|
|ISO 14001:2015 SAATCA AUDIT LOGS:
SAATCA WILL ONLY ACCEPT AUDIT LOGS FOR ISO 14001:2015 AUDITS PERFORMED AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE 2 DAY SAATCA REQUIRED ISO 14001:2015 AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING
SUCH AUDITS MUST BE CONDUCTED AGAINST THE PUBLISHED ISO 14001:2015 STANDARD
|AUDIT LOGS MAY ONLY BE SUBMITTED AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE 2 DAY SAATCA REQUIRED ISO 14001:2015 AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING|
|ANNUAL RE-REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE EVERY 12 MONTHS AS PART OF AN AUDITOR’S SURVEILLANCE ACTIVITY FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF HIS/HER CERTIFICATION.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER PUBLICATION OF ISO 14001:2015, ALL SAATCA CERTIFICATED EMS AUDITORS SHOULD HAVE COMPLETED THE ISO 14001:2015 2 DAY AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING IN ACCORDANCE WITH SAATCA TRANSITION REQUIREMENTS
3 YEARLY RE-CERTIFICATION CYCLE
|RE-CERTIFICATION ON A THREE (3) YEAR CYCLE IS REQUIRED OF EACH AUDITOR IN EACH REGISTERED GRADE PER SCHEME.
SAATCA AUDITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT THEY SUBMIT THEIR ISO 14001:2015 TWO DAY AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING AND APPLICABLE AUDIT LOGS TO SAATCA WITHIN THEIR 3 YEARLY CERTIFICATION CYCLE OR AT THE LATEST, BY 30 SEPTEMBER 2018.
Note: All SAATCA auditor certifications to ISO 14001:2004 expires on 30 September 2018 and are no longer valid after this date. Any transition submissions received after 30 September 2018 will be treated as a new application and will be subject to the applicable fees.
Note: The dates contained in this document are based on the current understanding that the ISO 14001:2015 will be published in September 2015. Should changes however occur or the standard be issued at a later date than envisaged, SAATCA will make the allowances with regard to the dates appearing in this document to reflect such.
RE-ISSUE DATE: 08 SEPTEMBER 2015
|First issue of the publication of the SAATCA EMS Auditor transition criteria for current
registered Auditors on ISO 14001:2015
|27 July 2015|
|Re-issue of the SAATCA EMS Auditor Transition criteria with an amendment to provide clarity on the requirements regarding the FDIS and published ISO 14001:2015
|08 September 2015|