MIGRATION REQUIREMENTS TO ISO 45001:2018
SAATCA CERTIFICATED AUDITORS
This document describes the migration requirements to ensure that SAATCA certified Auditors are competent on the ISO 45001:2018 standard version.
Compulsory migration requirements for SAATCA Certificated OH&S Auditors
SAATCA Auditors certificated to any of the OH&S grades will be required to:
- Successfully complete Auditor migration training on the FDIS or published ISO 45001:2018 standard in order to be certificated as competent to conduct audits against the ISO 45001:2018 standard version
- Successfully complete Auditor migration training on the FDIS or published ISO 45001:2018 standard, on or before 30 March 2021.
- Conduct a minimum of two (2) audits against the published ISO 45001:2018 standard to be certificated as competent to conduct audits against the 2018 standard version.
- For certification purposes, SAATCA will only accept audits performed after successful completion of the Auditor migration training. Such audits must be done against the published ISO 45001:2018 standard.
ISO 45001:2018 Auditor Migration Training Requirements
SAATCA Auditors certificated to any of the OH&S grades will be required to attend ISO 45001:2018 Auditor migration training which complies with the following SAATCA requirements:
- The ISO 45001:2018 Auditor migration training must comprise of a two-day migration training course.
- The ISO 45001:2018 Auditor migration training must be presented and facilitated by a SAATCA registered OH&S Training Course Provider. The facilitator his/her SAATCA OH&S registration number must be captured on the certificate of successful completion for the ISO 45001:2018 Auditor migration training
A certificate of successful completion of a two day ISO 45001:2018 Auditor migration training will be accepted only if the certificate meets the following requirements:
- The certification states that the training is for the ISO 45001:2018 Auditor migration training and is based on either the FDIS or the published standard
- The training is for a duration of 2 days
- The training course provider name and the Facilitator who presented the training and his/her SAATCA OH&S registration number are reflected on the certificate of successful completion
Validity of Certifications to ISO 45001:2018
Your current OHSAS 18001:2007 certifications will not be valid after three years from publication of ISO 45001:2018. The expiry date of Auditor certifications to OH&S 18001 issued during the migration period will automatically become invalid at the end of the three year migration period for ISO 45001:2018.
SAATCA Registered Auditor Migration Timeframes for ISO 45001:2018
Three years after publication by ISO of ISO 45001:2018, all existing certifications issued to OH&S 18001 shall be deemed invalid.
ISO 45001:2018 MIGRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SAATCA CERTIFICATED OH&S AUDITORS (ALL GRADES) AND THE REQUIRED EVIDENCE
SUBMISSION OF AN ISO 45001:2018 2 DAY AUDITOR MIGRATION TRAINING CERTIFICATE IN ACCORDANCE WITH SAATCA REQUIREMENTS. ONLY TRAINING CONDUCTED ON EITHER THE FDIS OR ON THE PUBLISHED STANDARD WILL BE ACCEPTED BY SAATCA
|01/04/2018 – 31/03/2021|
|ISO 45001:2018 SAATCA AUDIT LOGS:
SAATCA WILL ONLY ACCEPT AUDIT LOGS FOR ISO 45001:2018 AUDITS PERFORMED AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE 2 DAY SAATCA REQUIRED ISO 45001:2018 AUDITOR MIGRATION TRAINING
SUCH AUDITS MUST BE CONDUCTED AGAINST THE PUBLISHED ISO 45001:2018 STANDARD
|AUDIT LOGS MAY ONLY BE SUBMITTED AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE 2 DAY SAATCA REQUIRED ISO 45001:2018 AUDITOR MIGRATION TRAINING|
|ANNUAL RE-REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE EVERY 12 MONTHS AS PART OF AN AUDITOR’S SURVEILLANCE ACTIVITY FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF HIS/HER CERTIFICATION.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER PUBLICATION OF ISO 45001:2018, ALL SAATCA CERTIFICATED OH&S AUDITORS SHOULD HAVE COMPLETED THE ISO 45001:2018 2 DAY AUDITOR MIGRATION TRAINING IN ACCORDANCE WITH SAATCA MIGRATION REQUIREMENTS
3 YEARLY RE-CERTIFICATION CYCLE
|RE-CERTIFICATION ON A THREE (3) YEAR CYCLE IS REQUIRED OF EACH AUDITOR IN EACH REGISTERED GRADE PER SCHEME.
SAATCA AUDITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT THEY SUBMIT THEIR ISO 45001:2018 TWO DAY AUDITOR MIGRATION TRAINING AND APPLICABLE AUDIT LOGS TO SAATCA WITHIN THEIR 3 YEARLY CERTIFICATION CYCLE OR AT THE LATEST, BY 31 MARCH 2021.
Note: All SAATCA auditor certifications to OHSAS 18001:2007 expires on 31 March 2021 and are no longer valid after this date. Any migration submissions received after 31 March 2021 will be treated as a new application and will be subject to the applicable fees.
Note: The dates contained in this document are based on the current understanding that the ISO 45001:2018 has been published in March 2018.
ISSUE DATE: 13 MARCH 2018
|First issue of the publication of the SAATCA OH&S Auditor migration criteria for current
registered Auditors on ISO 45001:2018
|13 March 2018|