Certification criteria for Quality Management System (QMS) auditors have been developed by SAATCA in order to certificate auditors conducting independent internal or external audits, indicating that they have the skills required to effectively perform Quality Management System audits.
The criteria for the scheme has been aligned with the requirements of the International Personnel Certification Association (IPC), the requirements of ISO 19011,ISO 17021 and ISO 9001.
This program has been developed to meet the following objectives:
- To raise the level of professional recognition for QMS auditors
- To add value to QMS audits by ensuring auditor competence
- To provide international recognition of auditors certified in Southern Africa
- To assist organisations in selecting appropriately qualified auditors
- To provide credible and accountable QMS auditor certification program
About ISO 9001
It is widely acknowledged that proper quality management improves business, often having a positive effect on investment, market share, sales growth, sales margins, competitive advantage, and avoidance of litigation. The quality principles in ISO 9000 provides a comprehensive model for quality management systems that can make any company more competitive. Implementing ISO 9001 often gives the following advantages:
- Create a more efficient, effective operation
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention
- Reduce audits
- Enhance marketing
- Improve employee motivation, awareness, and morale
- Promote international trade